Denali Citizens Council works to promote the natural integrity of Denali National Park and Preserve by supporting the ecological and wilderness values for which the Park and Preserve was established. DCC fosters responsible planning in the greater Denali park community.
Inside Denali National Park and Preserve
- Park ecosystems and wildlife exist in a natural and minimally managed condition.
- Direct experience of wild nature by park visitors is valued and protected.
- Travel on the park road is a unique journey through wild, primitive lands with unmatched opportunities to observe wildlife and wild landscapes. This unique road character is protected through limited vehicle access, minimal presence of infrastructure, and careful adherence to the Murie vision for preserving the road’s rustic appearance.
- Access to the park is equitable and affordable for all.
- Kantishna is a remote outpost of human activity, where commercial enterprises remain small, few in number, and are characterized by nature-oriented activities for their guests. Experiences there provide a genuine feeling of wildness for park visitors, where the landscape shows minimal impact of humans.
Outside Denali National Park and Preserve
- Communities in the Denali region practice environmentally sustainable development and retain their small-town character and rural lifestyles. Architectural and landscape design complement the magnificent scenery, resource development is subject to public oversight and local residents enjoy ready access to wild lands and wildlife “out the back door.”
- Local communities embrace their role as part of the gateway to Denali National Park and Preserve, appreciate their location next to a national park, and recognize the importance of the greater Denali ecosystem.
- Native communities are recognized for their long stewardship of Denali’s lands, and are welcomed as park users and as participants in management for today’s purposes.
- Wildlife habitat values on lands that are part of the greater Denali ecosystem are protected.